GYC Visitor Dock Reservations
Please contact us by phone (585) 255-9796, Email email@example.com, VHF-16, or VHF-71; if nobody answers we suggest that you pull into the service slip and speak to someone on the property.
Cruising to GYC - COVID-19 Update
Genesee Yacht Club, on the east side of the Genesee River, north of the O'Rorke Bridge, can accommodate boats from reciprocating clubs in vacant members' slips. There is no charge, but the stay is limited to 2 days.
General Information for Visitors
- The fixed docks have a minimum depth of 6 feet.
- Visitors are welcome to use the club's den with fireplace, television, DVD player and fully equipped kitchen.
- Wireless Internet access is available at no charge to guests.
- Club facilities are: 15-amp power and water at docks; washrooms, showers, free local telephone, picnic area, ice, and gas barbecues.
- A garbage dumpster and recycle bin are located in the parking lot east of the club. No hazardous materials may be disposed of in the dumpster.
- Returnable bottles & cans may be placed in the containers on the porch facing the Genesee River.
- Pets must be kept on a leash & are not permitted in the buildings. Please clean up after them.
- Ice is available from the ice freezer on the south side of the property, near the travel lift / service slip, $2.00 USD per bag. The freezer is locked. See a club member for access.
- A free local phone, restrooms/showers are located inside the clubhouse.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building.
- Propane grills are located on the porch facing the Genesee River.
- Pump outs are located at River Street Marina (west side of the Genesee River just north of the O'Roarke Bridge), Shumway Marine (east side of Genesee River north of GYC), or Port of Rochester Marina (west side of Genesee River, north of GYC).
- Property map with soundings
- Property map with piling clearances