The Genesee Yacht Club welcomes sailboats from reciprocal clubs on a first come, first served basis. Before arrival you can check slip availability by phone (585) 266-9796, or VHF-16, or tying up to the service dock recognized by the green travel lift and speaking to someone on the property. An Officer of the Day may be on duty weekdays until 6 pm between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and members are generally around evenings and weekends. We are a self-help club with no staff; when you arrive speak to anyone on the property to help sign in and to get an overview of what we have to offer. And please make yourself at home!
Genesee Yacht Club is located on the east side of the Genesee River north of the O'Rorke Memorial Bridge. We can accommodate boats up to 35 ft and 12 foot beam from reciprocating clubs in vacant slips free of charge for two days, longer with Vice Commodore approval.
General Information for Visitors
- Docks are maintained at a minimum depth of 6 feet, with 30 amp power and water.
- Free high speed wireless Internet is available everywhere on the property
- Visitors are welcome to use the clubhouse including:
- the covered patio with tables, chairs and gas grills
- Robert Read room with fireplace, television, DVD player, game table and comfortable chairs
- washrooms including showers
- fully equipped kitchen.
- Ice is available from the ice freezer on the south side of the property, near the travel lift / service slip.
- A garbage dumpster and recycle bin are in the parking lot east of the clubhouse.
- Returnable bottles & cans may be placed in the containers on the porch.
- Pets must be kept on a leash & are not permitted in the buildings. Please clean up after them.